One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hydrated silica in a hard granular hygroscopic form used as a desiccant.
- ‘Consider using silica gel or air midsoles in your shoes plus polyester or polyester-blend socks to prevent blisters and keep your feet dry.’
- ‘The samples were stored either in 95% alcohol or dry in envelopes placed in plastic zip-lock bags containing silica gel.’
- ‘If you plan to use silica gel or other desiccant to dry flowers, you may wish to cut off all of the stems, leaving only a small portion attached to each blossom.’
- ‘After 30 days, mature fruit capsules were collected and preserved in Petri dishes containing silica gel.’
- ‘Most closet dehumidifiers are wireless and use salt, silica gel, or other material to absorb moisture out of the air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.