One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for sleeping partner
- ‘If being around him in business is too painful or exhausting personally, then cash out and look for another business venture or become a silent partner.’
- ‘Over a three-year period he recruited silent partners through newspaper adverts, promising to pay them ‘substantial returns’.’
- ‘The other 15% of the firm is owned by four silent partners, who invested another $10,500 in seed money for a total of $70,000 in start-up costs.’
- ‘Keep in mind, however, that individual investors tend to be silent partners, which could be good or bad, depending on your needs.’
- ‘Her evidence was that the business was ready to go by March 2001, and that she was going to be the active partner, and her son-in-law would be the silent partner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.