Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1(in a horary chart) the planet which signifies the inquirer, or the subject of the question.
- ‘Venus is a secondary significator in most relationship charts.’
- ‘The chart shows her significator separating from Mars, the natural ruler of divorce.’
- ‘In this turned chart, which planet becomes the significator of the mother's illness?’
- ‘Planets which are parental significators in the chart are not only descriptive of parental patterns.’
- ‘We have much greater hopes in the matter if the planet who receives the significator is itself free from misfortune.’
- 1.1A card chosen to represent the inquirer in a tarot reading.
- ‘As far as I can tell, significators are all court cards and based on date of birth.’
- ‘Gemini ascends, representing the querent, so Mercury is her main significator.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.