Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who has signed a contract or other official document.
- ‘DeMoss essentially recruited an entire team with a signee at each position.’
- ‘Of coach Tommy Amaker's four signees, three rank among the nation's top 40 players.’
- ‘The Texans are considering veteran free-agent quarterbacks to play until Carr is ready, and the team is making it clear to prospective signees that the job does not come with long-term starting guarantees.’
- ‘Some of the Jaguars' best players, such as right offensive tackle Leon Searcy and receiver Keenan McCardell, have been free-agent signees.’
- ‘Free-agent signees Trotter and Armstead join Arrington, giving the Redskins what could be the best linebacking corps in football.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.