One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has signed a contract or other official document.
- ‘DeMoss essentially recruited an entire team with a signee at each position.’
- ‘Of coach Tommy Amaker's four signees, three rank among the nation's top 40 players.’
- ‘Some of the Jaguars' best players, such as right offensive tackle Leon Searcy and receiver Keenan McCardell, have been free-agent signees.’
- ‘The Texans are considering veteran free-agent quarterbacks to play until Carr is ready, and the team is making it clear to prospective signees that the job does not come with long-term starting guarantees.’
- ‘Free-agent signees Trotter and Armstead join Arrington, giving the Redskins what could be the best linebacking corps in football.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.