One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-parametric test for comparing two sets of values by calculating the distribution of positive or negative differences in ranking of corresponding pairs.
- ‘Moreover, in a recent comparative analysis of statistical methods, the Wilcoxon signed-rank test performed better in identifying bottlenecked populations.’
- ‘For statistical analyses, each brood was treated as an experimental unit and the mean masses for the chicks within broods were compared using paired Wilcoxon signed-rank tests.’
- ‘First, for all immigrant males with at least six changes in social status, Wilcoxon signed-rank tests were used to investigate whether successive changes in rank position for each male involved an increase in social status.’
- ‘We then compared separately the relative frequencies of first attacks and first captures on paired bright and drab guppies by the 12 cichlids by using the Wilcoxon matched-pairs signed-rank test.’
- ‘Intergroup comparisons were made using the Wilcoxon signed-rank test and Mann-Whitney test.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.