One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Merovingians had signally failed to rule other peoples, or even themselves, and it was this system that Charles had inherited.’
- ‘It's made me think hard about the moments where my own leadership has been signally lacking.’
- ‘By 1932 the gold standard had strayed so far from purity, so far from what it could and should have been, that its weakness contributed signally to its final breakdown in 1933.’
- ‘What is it that the fourth increase in interest rates is likely to achieve where the previous three have so signally failed?’
- ‘But he signally failed to sort out rates of migration to these islands, which have peaked after being consistently low for a quarter-century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.