One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Stockport No 2 signal box, built in the 1870s, has 60 levers and is operated manually by two signallers using a system of bells and flashing lights.’
- ‘The event on Saturday was aimed at highlighting the 15,000 jobs in more than 140 trades which the Army has to offer, with engineers, signallers, guardsmen and mechanics among those on hand to talk to young people and their families.’
- ‘Thousands of drivers, signallers and maintenance workers walked out from 6.30 pm yesterday causing the worst travel disruption in the capital for two years.’
- ‘About 300 engineers and 700 signallers will be recruited from school leavers, graduates, those who took early retirement, people returning from a career break and professional engineers.’
- ‘The equipment is needed to allow rail staff in the Sheffield area, including signallers, to speak to one another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.