One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sign a register on arrival (or departure), typically in a hotel.‘I signed in and took the lift to my room’‘all visitors must sign out when leaving’
- ‘Dana has just signed in., MSN informed her with a short, annoying sound effect.’
- ‘With a goodbye both Emma and Danny got out of the car and signed in to the hotel.’
- ‘They carry their own personal ID badges and all visitors must sign in and out of the building.’
- ‘The clubhouse no longer has the routine where you must sign in if you are not a club member as the bar is leased out.’
- ‘I suppose that if you didn't sign in on the council register you don't exist!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.