One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The stopping probability curves are distinctly sigmoidal in shape, and the decreasing slope at further distances reflects the attenuating effect of the distance × speed interaction.’
- ‘A blood sample drawn at presentation was examined; unlike all other specimens studied, there was a sigmoidal increase at 550 nm, but not at 610 or 700 nm.’
- ‘The majority of the curves display a simple sigmoidal pH dependence; however, several residues exhibit more complex shapes.’
- ‘When onion seedlings recovered from water stress, the growth curve was sigmoidal and it took approximately 5-6 d before the elongation rate of the shoot or root reached a maximum.’
- ‘On the other hand, the curve describing the aggregation equilibrium in the membrane shows that aggregation in this phase is much less favored as compared to water and exhibits a marked sigmoidal shape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.