Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The S-shaped last part of the large intestine, leading into the rectum.
- ‘A tiny video camera at its tip allows your doctor to view the inside of your sigmoid colon and rectum, or about two feet of the intestine closest to the rectum.’
- ‘The hindgut develops into the distal third of the transverse colon, the sigmoid colon, rectum, and upper two thirds of the anal canal.’
- ‘The internal iliac arteries supply blood to the sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘Stent delivery using fluoroscopic screening alone seems to be adequate for tumours affecting the distal sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘The rectum originates at the sigmoid colon and terminates at the anus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.