One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The S-shaped last part of the large intestine, leading into the rectum.
- ‘The rectum originates at the sigmoid colon and terminates at the anus.’
- ‘The internal iliac arteries supply blood to the sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘Stent delivery using fluoroscopic screening alone seems to be adequate for tumours affecting the distal sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘A tiny video camera at its tip allows your doctor to view the inside of your sigmoid colon and rectum, or about two feet of the intestine closest to the rectum.’
- ‘The hindgut develops into the distal third of the transverse colon, the sigmoid colon, rectum, and upper two thirds of the anal canal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.