Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Worth seeing or visiting.
- ‘China's giant panda ranks the first among the global most sightworthy animals, according to a recent survey on the internet.’
- ‘Absolutely sightworthy is a collection of portraits of the Polish kings titled ‘The entrance of Jadwiga’ by Wladyslaw Rossowski, a model of a late-Gothic town, and a huge panoramic painting of the city.’
- ‘The only reason to stop at Cao Bang is to recharge your batteries for a bit before reaching other sightworthy points in the neighbourhood, of which Ban Gioc Waterfall is the best.’
- ‘In this area the spring flora is particularly sightworthy.’
- ‘Badaling and Juyong Pass are the most sightworthy and most easily accessible part of the Wall, with good and convenient tourist facilities.’
- ‘The 40 minutes film tells a lot about the history and legends of Niagara and is really sightworthy.’
- ‘The historical buildings in Hankou, all with European architectural styles, including the former consulates of the United States and Germany, and business offices of Citibank and HSBC, are well preserved and sightworthy.’
- ‘Within these two sections, the most sightworthy and impressive scenery could be enjoyed in Zhenyuan Ancient Town.’
- ‘Besides the famous Golden Age of Athens, earlier Greek civilizations also flourished and produced sightworthy art.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.