A person who goes sightseeing.‘hordes of sightseers’
tourist, visitor, tripper, holidaymaker, traveller, globetrotterbusybody, gawker, ghoulView synonyms
- ‘And predictions of continued lower tourism dollars could also hurt, as an estimated 20 per cent of restaurant revenues come from wandering sightseers.’
- ‘Being dwellers on an island which is frequented by a teeming weekend population of sightseers, they have become very used to the tourists and are quite unafraid.’
- ‘For the sightseers, Cebu's tourist spots are abundant.’
- ‘The Moon River is just one of the boats which ferries tourists and sightseers up and down the river around the year, but the large cruiser has become more than just a mode of transport.’
- ‘With the influx of day-trippers, sightseers, and casual onlookers, Killala became a bustling tourist center, and the recreation of battle scenes aroused particular fascination.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.