One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Residential areas are becoming increasingly saturated with the towers, often over the protests of neighbors concerned about sightliness and safety.’
- ‘‘It is very detrimental to the stormwater system and the overall sightliness of the city,’ Public Works Department Director Charles Hardt told the City Council during its weekly committee meetings.’
- ‘The same cause renders the joints of the brickwork too large for sightliness, but the result so far as strength is concerned is very satisfactory.’
- ‘As seen from the roadside, color and neatness are probably the two most important factors in visual sightliness, Strobel says.’
- ‘‘We plan to work together to minimize disturbances or interruptions such as traffic flow or the sightliness of the area,’ said Shaindlin, who oversees the operations of the Halekulani and the nearby Waikiki Parc hotels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.