One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large white screen placed near the boundary in line with the wicket to help the batsman see the ball.
- ‘Kerry Packer's rebel tours which introduced coloured clothing, playing under lights, the use of the white ball and black sight screens, field restrictions, all added to a new dimension.’
- ‘But he also had no illusions about the fact that what would happen next was up to him, alone, plus of course the beanpole figure of Curtley Ambrose silhouetted against and above the sight screen 50 yards away.’
- ‘Outdoor practice nets have been ripped down, most of the sight screens have been damaged and had to be replaced, and the pavilion, Graham estimates, has been broken into dozens of times.’
- ‘Sri Lankan cheer leader, 68-year-old Percy Abeysekara, who was sitting at the third floor above the sight screen, led the party by singing songs.’
- ‘Jobs such as erecting the safety net, painting the sight screen, painting both the score box and the umpire's executive changing facility were completed outside the clubhouse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.