Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A transparent tube or window through which the level of liquid in a reservoir or supply line can be checked visually.
- ‘On some equipment, a visual sight glass or gauge shows fluid levels without opening the system, while on others a dipstick or other manual measuring device is used.’
- ‘The fuel bowls also feature a clear sight glass for fuel level verification and adjustment.’
- ‘The sight glasses on the Mighty Demon's fuel howls permit safe, quick, float-level adjustments without the risk of fuel spillage.’
- ‘Babette pointed a red fingernail to the sight glass of the brass lubricator.’
- ‘An oil level sight glass, a tank pressure gauge and, of course, a pressure regulator and gauge are important, as each tool and job has a specific pressure requirement.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.