One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time it takes the moon to orbit once around the earth with respect to the stars (approximately 271/4 days).
- ‘How would the synodic and sidereal months differ if the moon orbited the Earth in the opposite direction?’
- ‘There are on average about 13.37 sidereal months in a tropical year.’
- ‘In different Indian lunisolar calendars the lunar month is used, mixed with the sidereal month.’
- ‘Thus, a lunar month is longer than a sidereal month by about 1/12 th of a month, or two-and-a-half days roughly.’
- ‘During the sidereal months of Sagittarius and Capricorn, the Sun is nearest to the earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.