One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of two frequency bands either side of the carrier wave, which contain the modulated signal.
- ‘The carrier itself is never really set - only the modulation products of the sidebands - so that the methods for measuring power change a bit from analog.’
- ‘If you go offshore, you may need modems and programs that work with a single sideband or HAM radio, and/or a satellite phone for data transmissions.’
- ‘The origin bands are usually described as bands, whereas the sidebands are labeled.’
- ‘In signal recycling it is these sidebands that are stripped off the laser carrier wave and sent back into the interferometer, so that the signal can be built up and amplified.’
- ‘Tone-induced by-products may involve quantizing noise, harmonic distortion and any amplitude or phase modulation sidebands falling outside the reject limits of the notch filter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.