One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A job undertaken in addition to one's main occupation, as a supplementary source of income.‘he now has a side job selling newspapers’
secondary occupation, second job, subsidiaryView synonyms
- ‘One of Ben's many side jobs was working on a building site in the West End, doing demolition.’
- ‘I love writing, but I wanted it as a side job.’
- ‘They have to get side jobs to pay for their training.’
- ‘Students often commute three or more hours each day and spend more time at side jobs than studying.’
- ‘Being an instructor is only a side job for her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.