One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of atoms attached to the main part of a molecule with a ring or chain structure.
- ‘Structural modification of the side chain of caffeic acid produced slight changes in activity.’
- ‘The side chains were represented by the coordinates of the center of each side chain, where the center was defined as the average of the coordinates of all atoms in the side chain.’
- ‘An enzyme that methylates the carboxyl side chain of IAA has recently been described.’
- ‘This finding is consistent with our results in that the removal of the acyl side chain of avicin G results in the loss of all channel-like behavior.’
- ‘An intramolecular photoreduction involving the isoalloxazinic ring and the ribityl side chain also cannot be discarded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.