One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kick (a ball) with the inside of the foot, especially in soccer.‘he was on hand to side-foot it past the goalkeeper’
- ‘This time Hamilton ran through a statuesque Town defence to side-foot the ball past a helpless O'Hare.’
- ‘Mark Dobie latched onto a long ball from midfield and easily side-footed it past Martin Pirie from close range.’
- ‘Fellow Frenchman Patrick Vieira made 2-1 in the 66th, running from midfield to side-foot the ball into the net.’
- ‘When the ball was swept out of defence, the ubiquitous Kabba was on hand to hare away from Jaime Peters and Naylor, side-footing the ball past the advancing Price.’
- ‘Cooper then side-footed the ball past Thornley from the penalty spot to give Prescot the lead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.