One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1mass noun Complete understanding; enlightenment.
- ‘They called it siddhi, an altered consciousness.’
- ‘It is profoundly significant that the epic declares her to be the incarnation of siddhi, fulfilment.’
- ‘Those who are mainly interested in the transcendental siddhi of buddhahood are given all eleven initiations.’
- ‘This place is supposed to be appropriate for attaining siddhi (divine powers).’
- ‘Acquiring siddhi through Tantric discipline does not really rely on a physical partnership because transcendence relies on devotional practices and surrendering of the ego.’
2A paranormal power possessed by a siddha.
- ‘In the Hindu Upanishads, the soul's flight in the sky appears as one of the six siddhis or supernormal powers attained by the enlightened.’
- ‘The whole notion of enlightenment is talked of as some fugue like bliss state, with corresponding siddhis, or omnipotence or whatever.’
- ‘Gurudeva was blessed with special siddhis, or psychic powers.’
- ‘It is easy to attain all of the siddhis (yoga powers).’
- ‘This concentrated tantric yoga practice, which included sexuality as its mainstay, allowed her to cultivate powerful siddhis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.