Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An ascetic who has achieved enlightenment.
- ‘There are many great Kagyu siddhas of the past who followed this devotional approach, which is particularly important at the Vajrayana level.’
- ‘There are countless yogis, jnanis, tapasvis, siddhas, and rishis who dwell in the sacred realm of the Himalayas.’
- ‘‘Just as yogis and siddhas of ancient times, Manickavasagar spoke of scientific truths behind creation,’ says Fr. Raj.’
- ‘Folklore has it that several siddhas and athmas had graced these mountains centuries ago.’
- ‘Arhats, siddhas, tathagatas, bodhisattvas-those kind of realized beings are going to be very few and far between, and that's just the way it is.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.