One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pressure will be unbearable, the stakes sickeningly high.’
- ‘Burnard's sentences roll across the pages like molasses, slow and often sickeningly sweet.’
- ‘It was a sickeningly hot summer, leading to disease which, combined with malnutrition, took a heavy toll on Napoleon's troops.’
- ‘It's maddeningly, sickeningly and disgustingly humid over here.’
- ‘He can be cute, and funny, but he never crosses the line into sickeningly cute or over-the-top adorable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.