One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who looks after the sick and infirm (as distinct from a children's nurse).
- ‘The sick nurse got well after about two weeks and the family, which had been vacated, returned to normal.’
- ‘The intention of the founders was to provide better nursing for the Westminster Hospital, and superior women as sick nurses in private families.’
- ‘In her Habits, a sick nurse should be sober, active, orderly, and clean, and neat in her person.’
- ‘No matter how busy he may be, a call to a sick nurse is always promptly and cheerfully answered.’
- ‘On the other hand, sick nurses are associated with decayed morale, poorer outcomes for patients and an economic burden for the system, thus affecting all Canadians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.