One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who looks after the sick and infirm (as distinct from a children's nurse).
- ‘The intention of the founders was to provide better nursing for the Westminster Hospital, and superior women as sick nurses in private families.’
- ‘On the other hand, sick nurses are associated with decayed morale, poorer outcomes for patients and an economic burden for the system, thus affecting all Canadians.’
- ‘The sick nurse got well after about two weeks and the family, which had been vacated, returned to normal.’
- ‘No matter how busy he may be, a call to a sick nurse is always promptly and cheerfully answered.’
- ‘In her Habits, a sick nurse should be sober, active, orderly, and clean, and neat in her person.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.