One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition affecting office workers, typically marked by headaches and respiratory problems, attributed to unhealthy or stressful factors in the working environment such as poor ventilation.
- ‘They also filter the air, and can fight against the common high-tech condition known as sick building syndrome.’
- ‘With each sensor costing about $7,000, it's an expensive way to find out if your employee is faking a case of sick building syndrome.’
- ‘If you feel you might have sick building syndrome or a building-related illness, you can ask your family physician for a referral to one of the five occupational health clinics in Montreal.’
- ‘From our perspective there is no doubt we are experiencing the kind of problems associated with sick building syndrome.’
- ‘I thought because it's ugly, actually it was because it had sick building syndrome.’
- ‘Beside saving electricity, avoidance of air conditioning reduces capital outlay on mechanical services, and it sidesteps the bacterial problems known as sick building syndrome.’
- ‘Besides these identifiable building-related illnesses, poor indoor air quality can also result in the more nebulous symptoms of sick building syndrome.’
- ‘One of the biggest culprits for sick building syndrome is formaldehyde, a toxic compound that is widely used in pressed wood products such as plywood and some types of foam insulation.’
- ‘‘Also watch out for sick building syndrome,’ she said.’
- ‘Beyond targeting the current uses of methyl bromide, the company is also targeting the control of mold and bacteria that cause sick building syndrome.’
- ‘Lost U.S. worker productivity associated with related conditions such as sick building syndrome has been estimated at $10 billion/year.’
- ‘Alexander also tackles some of the issues and causes related to sick building syndrome and pollution, in turn encouraging us to cultivate safe, healthy and environment - friendly homes.’
- ‘Some have concerns for sick building syndrome.’
- ‘Issues such as sick building syndrome and sustainability are also prompting a move away from synthetics back towards natural materials and finishes.’
- ‘This significantly increases the quality of air within the office and reduces the risk of sick building syndrome.’
- ‘All this becomes part of the corporate experience, a healthy look in the midst of sick building syndrome that is characteristic of many office buildings in Egypt.’
- ‘They found strong evidence to suggest that UVGI can reduce the symptoms of sick building syndrome.’
- ‘The term sick building syndrome is dominantly associated with offices.’
- ‘The diagnosis of mass psychogenic illness shares many characteristics with sick building syndrome and other such illnesses, further obscuring the issue for physicians.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.