One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The killing of a sibling or siblings, as a behaviour pattern typical in various animal groups.
- ‘Asymmetric larval mobility and the evolutionary transition from siblicide to nonsiblicidal behavior in parasitoid wasps’
- ‘Because obligate siblicide typically occurs shortly after the second chick hatches, brood size does not vary for the majority of the nestling period.’
- ‘The vast majority of this mortality is due to food shortage and/or siblicide, though predation can also be a significant source of mortality.’
- ‘In this article, we examine the life-history consequences of siblicide that feed back to adult parasitoids.’
- ‘Legge showed that the probability of siblicide may be affected both by parental behavior and competitive asymmetries between nestlings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.