One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Start with a single long, low sibilation, then alternate between the long sibilations and a series of shorter, more staccato sibilations for an extra warm up for your diaphragm muscles.’
- ‘For the shouts of open, or the sibilations of suppressed, laughter do not usually begin at once but after several seconds.’
- ‘The compacted consonants and lush sibilations of Polish are everywhere.’
- ‘He makes each character jump out at his audience, breathing into each an authenticity which is palpable, even down to the sibilations caused by missing teeth!’
- ‘Far away this comes intermittently in a soothing sibilation which seems to be saying to itself ‘Hush, hush.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.