One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the shouts of open, or the sibilations of suppressed, laughter do not usually begin at once but after several seconds.’
- ‘Start with a single long, low sibilation, then alternate between the long sibilations and a series of shorter, more staccato sibilations for an extra warm up for your diaphragm muscles.’
- ‘Far away this comes intermittently in a soothing sibilation which seems to be saying to itself ‘Hush, hush.’’
- ‘The compacted consonants and lush sibilations of Polish are everywhere.’
- ‘He makes each character jump out at his audience, breathing into each an authenticity which is palpable, even down to the sibilations caused by missing teeth!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.