Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A southern Asian songbird of the babbler family, typically having a blackish or greyish head and a long tail.
- ‘We will encounter mixed flocks containing barwings, parrotbills, scimitar - babblers, sibias and Sultan Tits, which all add up to an unforgettable birding experience!’
- ‘Langtang has one hundred and sixty species of birds (cuckoos, owls, barbets, nightjars, black-capped sibias, yellow-billed magpies) and over thirty species of mammals.’
- ‘White-eared sibias are endemic to Taiwan and usually appear in middle and upper levels of wild or mixed coniferous broad-leaved forests at 1000-2500m elevations.’
- ‘Here we seek barbets, laughingthrushes, whistling-thrushes, sibias, and pheasants in the oak, rhododendron, and Sal forests.’
- ‘You can see exotic birds like cuckoos, owls, nightjars, barbets, hoopoe, yellow-billed magpies and black-capped sibias and mammals including langurs and furry pikas.’
- ‘2006 to Present sibia is in your extended network sibia's Latest Blog Entry [Subscribe to this Blog] sibia's Blurbs’
- ‘After this wonderful start, we decided to head into the sanctuary in the jeep, often stopping when we heard or saw mixed flocks of laughing thrushes, yuhinas, barwings and sibias.’
- ‘Many white-eared sibias stingingly lovely are living in the woods.’
- ‘Additional forest species that can be difficult to locate are mid-canopy species such as shrike-babblers barwings, sibias and two species of Crocias.’
- ‘We will explore Thailand's most famous birding site where a whole collection of uniquely Asian groups such as ioras, barwings, mesias, minlas, sibias, and niltavas will dazzle us with brilliant color and patterning.’
- ‘All along the river the common sights are river chats, dippers, flycatchers, and sibias, wall creepers, bulbuls, forktales, ibisi bills, cormorants are among the 400 species of birds to name a few.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.