One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for neuraminidase
- ‘PNGase F cleaves at the carbohydrate-protein link whereas sialidase cleaves terminal sialic acid residues.’
- ‘The cell-associated virus determined by sialidase activity was also reduced by F36 treatment.’
- ‘Acceptor substrate for fucosyltransferase assays was obtained from plasma proteins treated successively by pronase, glycoasparaginase, sialidase, and ß-galactosidase.’
- ‘Analysis of the fibroblast cultures obtained at autopsy revealed a sialidase level of 2.1 nmol/mg of protein per.’
1950s: from Greek sialon ‘saliva’ + -ide + -ase.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.