Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A badminton player.
- ‘The association will choose the two best shuttlers in each division.’
- ‘We must prepare our junior shuttlers eventually to replace the veteran shuttlers.’
- ‘Also cruising through to the semifinals were Indonesian men's singles shuttlers.’
- ‘Ace Indian women shuttler Saina Nehwal has set her eyes on breaking into top-five bracket by the end of next year.’
- ‘The 1980 world champion cited an example where shuttlers did not seriously train during stroke sessions.’
- ‘The discussion was held to respond to requests by star national shuttlers to have individual sponsorships.’
- ‘Technically Roslin is not a really special shuttler but he's very patient and tough.’
- ‘The decision to deploy young and upcoming shuttlers must be fully supported.’
- ‘National shuttlers have expressed mixed feelings over the new get-tough policy that will be implemented at the national training center.’
- ‘With the absence of Chinese shuttlers, the home crowd opted to throw its weight behind the Danes.’
- ‘Softening its stand on shuttlers not agreeing to fall in line, Badminton Association of India called all players for the selection trials on May 6-8.’
- ‘At least Shawn was a friend, a fellow shuttler, a person who could understand him.’
- ‘Fritz was responding to queries by national shuttlers about the possibility of having individual sponsorships replace the current collective system.’
- ‘The 18-year-old shuttler is ignoring his teammates' opinions on his parents attendance at the biennial event.’
- ‘In all, 14 shuttlers will be included in the country's 39-member Olympic contingent.’
- ‘We don't have enough players that can match the skills of the Chinese shuttlers.’
- ‘Even without security concerns, the national men's shuttlers are carrying a heavy burden on their shoulders.’
- ‘A four-day tournament featuring shuttlers from across the state got underway in Thane on Monday to select state representatives for the nationals.’
- ‘Considering the present shuttlers lineup, only a miracle can help the South Koreans win their first ever Uber Cup.’
- ‘All of the shuttlers will now take part in the World Championships beginning on Monday.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.