Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A badminton player.
- ‘Considering the present shuttlers lineup, only a miracle can help the South Koreans win their first ever Uber Cup.’
- ‘In all, 14 shuttlers will be included in the country's 39-member Olympic contingent.’
- ‘The 18-year-old shuttler is ignoring his teammates' opinions on his parents attendance at the biennial event.’
- ‘We don't have enough players that can match the skills of the Chinese shuttlers.’
- ‘At least Shawn was a friend, a fellow shuttler, a person who could understand him.’
- ‘The association will choose the two best shuttlers in each division.’
- ‘The decision to deploy young and upcoming shuttlers must be fully supported.’
- ‘The 1980 world champion cited an example where shuttlers did not seriously train during stroke sessions.’
- ‘National shuttlers have expressed mixed feelings over the new get-tough policy that will be implemented at the national training center.’
- ‘Fritz was responding to queries by national shuttlers about the possibility of having individual sponsorships replace the current collective system.’
- ‘A four-day tournament featuring shuttlers from across the state got underway in Thane on Monday to select state representatives for the nationals.’
- ‘Also cruising through to the semifinals were Indonesian men's singles shuttlers.’
- ‘With the absence of Chinese shuttlers, the home crowd opted to throw its weight behind the Danes.’
- ‘Softening its stand on shuttlers not agreeing to fall in line, Badminton Association of India called all players for the selection trials on May 6-8.’
- ‘The discussion was held to respond to requests by star national shuttlers to have individual sponsorships.’
- ‘All of the shuttlers will now take part in the World Championships beginning on Monday.’
- ‘We must prepare our junior shuttlers eventually to replace the veteran shuttlers.’
- ‘Ace Indian women shuttler Saina Nehwal has set her eyes on breaking into top-five bracket by the end of next year.’
- ‘Technically Roslin is not a really special shuttler but he's very patient and tough.’
- ‘Even without security concerns, the national men's shuttlers are carrying a heavy burden on their shoulders.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.