One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transport service operating to and fro over a short route.
- ‘Merseyside Police arranged a fleet of 100 coaches to operate a shuttle service to combat the effects of the 48-hour stoppage.’
- ‘Many concert-goers are expected to use a shuttle service operated by Dublin Bus from outside the Tara Street Dart station to travel to the venue.’
- ‘Christchurch citizens are already enjoying the advantages of electric zero-emission buses operating in a free shuttle service in the city centre.’
- ‘One good-natured resident, in an attempt to combat the problem, operated a makeshift shuttle service with his tractor for several hours.’
- ‘A shuttle service will also operate between Drogheda and Slane between 11 am and 5pm from the bus station in the town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.