One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transport service operating to and fro over a short route.
- ‘Merseyside Police arranged a fleet of 100 coaches to operate a shuttle service to combat the effects of the 48-hour stoppage.’
- ‘One good-natured resident, in an attempt to combat the problem, operated a makeshift shuttle service with his tractor for several hours.’
- ‘Many concert-goers are expected to use a shuttle service operated by Dublin Bus from outside the Tara Street Dart station to travel to the venue.’
- ‘A shuttle service will also operate between Drogheda and Slane between 11 am and 5pm from the bus station in the town.’
- ‘Christchurch citizens are already enjoying the advantages of electric zero-emission buses operating in a free shuttle service in the city centre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.