One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The button on a camera that is pressed to make the shutter open.
- ‘With most cameras the correct-focus indicator light will blink rapidly and the shutter release won't fire.’
- ‘It will now hold that focus until you either fully depress the shutter release, or you take your finger off the button.’
- ‘Hold the shutter release half way down and walk back and compose the shot without letting the shutter release go.’
- ‘My heart races and my finger stays glued to the shutter release.’
- ‘Camera absent-mindedly in hand, she accidentally pressed the shutter release.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.