One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The button on a camera that is pressed to make the shutter open.
- ‘My heart races and my finger stays glued to the shutter release.’
- ‘Camera absent-mindedly in hand, she accidentally pressed the shutter release.’
- ‘With most cameras the correct-focus indicator light will blink rapidly and the shutter release won't fire.’
- ‘It will now hold that focus until you either fully depress the shutter release, or you take your finger off the button.’
- ‘Hold the shutter release half way down and walk back and compose the shot without letting the shutter release go.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.