One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Patricia's only skills lie in shrilly harping on about the emotive issues of the day, and dressing up like she should have dressed down.’
- ‘Isabelle called shrilly, waving a hand in front of her face.’
- ‘His cell phone rang shrilly and he sighed and clicked it on.’
- ‘Abu Josef's phone suddenly rang shrilly and Abu Josef ran to pick it up.’
- ‘Screams of agony echoed shrilly above the sounds of battle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.