One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I do it to get shriekingly frightened because that makes me very excited and produces all sorts of fun chemicals.’
- ‘The main source of his claim appears to be an article which is a fairly transparent, shriekingly anti-left, smear campaign.’
- ‘He's proven himself too shriekingly partisan to be trusted again.’
- ‘The usual suspects have swarmed back into the spotlight to shriekingly insist that the most subtle linguistic distinctions be accorded paramount importance.’
- ‘Now, if only I could pray away the shriekingly drunk platinum blonde 50-something ladies across the aisle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.