One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A title of respect used before the name of a man, a god, or a sacred book.‘Shri Chaudhuri’
- ‘Surely Shri K Sudarshan needs to ask himself whether he would like to preside over an organization whose ministrations have led Gujarat on the path of adharma.’
- ‘The original text of this article used the future tense, indicating that the book Sri Chaitanya-sikshamrita had not yet been published.’
- ‘At 15, he had his debut at the Sri Rajagopala Swamy Temple at Mannargudi.’
- ‘Kurai Onrum Illai telescopes the identities of the panchama and the Sri Vaishnava.’
- ‘The history of Bilvamangala Thakura is given in a book called Shri Vallabha-digvijaya.’
From Sanskrit Śrī ‘beauty, fortune’, used as an honorific title.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.