One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room used to display goods for sale, such as appliances, cars, or furniture.
- ‘Shop around and visit showrooms to see what is available - anything from minimalist designs to freestanding units.’
- ‘At last our front room has stopped looking like a furniture showroom.’
- ‘In addition, the glamorised park provides art galleries and handicraft showrooms.’
- ‘This time, larger showrooms and stores arm themselves with more sales persons to manage the huge crowds.’
- ‘Stephen's wife Samantha looks after the room sets in the showrooms.’
- ‘The showrooms have been in the planning stage for the last two years.’
- ‘So few newly-weds are buying dining-room suites that they are beginning to clog up furniture showrooms.’
- ‘You can purchase their products in some of Ireland's top stores or from their showrooms at Bert Cross.’
- ‘However, car sales jumped in October with buyers being tempted to the showrooms by zero finance offerings.’
- ‘The company has a modern showroom where a sample range and catalogues are on display.’
- ‘A burglar who targeted car showrooms was trapped by DNA on a screwdriver discovered at one and a footprint at another.’
- ‘Sometimes it can take a lot of patience to browse through furniture showrooms.’
- ‘Prices will start from about £10,000 when it arrives in UK showrooms in October or November.’
- ‘The showroom also has on display some cedar wood carvings which artists have made after a visit to Africa.’
- ‘These showrooms now display a combination of traditional and modern furniture.’
- ‘He progressed to senior showroom assistant at the Twickenham showroom in York Street.’
- ‘It closed its doors as a cinema in 1975, and has since been used as a furniture showroom and warehouse.’
- ‘The farmhouse showroom also includes changing room facilities so customers can see their whole outfits.’
- ‘Visitors and buyers can have a look at how handicrafts are made in the showrooms as most of them also give demonstrations.’
- ‘It looked like one of those furniture showrooms where you're not allowed to sit on the furniture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.