One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a garment) resistant to light rain.
- ‘Also if anyone knows a good way of showerproofing photocopy ink, maybe with hairspray I don't know, i'd be much obliged.’
- ‘I noticed the three different mesh files and wondered which of these three mesh files is used for linking to the showerproofed skintones listed above.’
- ‘This job is for a mate, and will need a showerproofing kit.’
- ‘His peach silk taffeta showerproofed coat or no-nonsense cap - sleeved day dresses in chartreuse shot tweed are about providing elegance not headlines.’
- ‘Top quality showerproofed material is available in over 70 panel colours in any combination.’
- ‘Fitting a host of new features - the powerful microcomputer required for Multi Spot Metering, the LCD viewfinder display mechanism, the dioptric adjustment mechanism, showerproofing material, etc - into the tiny camera body is a challenging task.’
- ‘Wildlife Watching Supplies stock a wide range of materials, olive green or camouflage pattern, lightweight, medium and heavy weight, showerproofed polycotton and waterproof nylon.’
Make showerproof.‘the company is still showerproofing melton cloth’
- ‘It is the question of showerproofing the other end of this flex where it goes into the towel rail.’
- ‘Works a treat - I've showerproofed my Snugpak Sleeka with it (not generally regarded as an external layer) but it works splendiferously!’
- ‘I do all my coats every so often and its amazing what a difference it makes, I always use the re-proofer after washing them especially on my fleeces and other ‘non’ waterproof things and it does help with showerproofing them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.