One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bag of goods, especially trade samples or publicity material, available at events such as annual shows.
- ‘Grab the show bag, the documents and the CDs then scatter them around your desk liberally when you get back.’
- ‘There were interactive computer screens for children, as well as show bags full of safety information.’
- ‘Along with a crackerjack game of bowls, the afternoon will feature raffles, prizes and show bags.’
- ‘In the twentieth century, the parade became a highlight and producers introduced complimentary sample bags, or show bags, of their goods.’
- ‘Children were particularly impressed by displays, an animal nursery and show bags.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.