Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bonnethead
- ‘There are distinct sub-groups of this shark, including the bonnethead shark, the shovelhead shark, the smalleye hammerhead, the smooth hammerhead, and the black hammerhead.’
- ‘Right after that we spotted a shovelhead shark of 4 to 5 ft. milling around, and I'm guessing that's what took off with her rig.’
- ‘Any day you can catch whiting and shovelhead sharks on the bottom with frozen shrimp.’
- ‘The Bonnethead shark (also known as the shovelhead shark) is a small, common, timid hammerhead shark.’
- ‘We saw a shovelhead shark that swam in water only up to our knees and hid in the sand!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.