One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Every shovelful of dirt taken from the floodway increases its capacity to carry excess water to the north.’
- ‘Peter takes a shovelful of the earth and holds it out to the mourners filing past, each taking a handful and dropping it in.’
- ‘All she needed to do was dump a shovelful of dirt into the flat, pick it up and shake it over the row.’
- ‘You can top the brown layers with a shovelful of manure or soil to help heat up the pile and speed composting.’
- ‘I add a shovelful each of sand and peatmoss to each six shovelfuls of the first mixture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.