One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An underarm pass made with a shovelling movement of the arms.
- ‘However, Brian Mitchell, a former college quarterback, took the snap as an upback in punt formation and executed a shovel pass to Brian Dawkins, who ran 57 yards for a touchdown.’
- ‘The club has been trying to get him the ball more on direct snaps and shovel passes.’
- ‘Hakim is a frequent target on the shovel pass, a play designed to slow down the pass rush.’
- ‘Many of Martz's reverses, shovel passes and option plays are designed to thwart teams that overpursue or excel at pass rushing.’
- ‘Another play that's effective at slowing down an athletic guy like Harris is the shovel pass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.