One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An underarm pass made with a shovelling movement of the arms.
- ‘Many of Martz's reverses, shovel passes and option plays are designed to thwart teams that overpursue or excel at pass rushing.’
- ‘Another play that's effective at slowing down an athletic guy like Harris is the shovel pass.’
- ‘The club has been trying to get him the ball more on direct snaps and shovel passes.’
- ‘However, Brian Mitchell, a former college quarterback, took the snap as an upback in punt formation and executed a shovel pass to Brian Dawkins, who ran 57 yards for a touchdown.’
- ‘Hakim is a frequent target on the shovel pass, a play designed to slow down the pass rush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.