One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The joint connecting an upper limb or forelimb to the body. It is a ball-and-socket joint in which the head of the humerus fits into the socket of the scapula.
- ‘In this position, the rear deltoid muscle is stretched around the shoulder joint.’
- ‘The rotator cuff is made up of a ring of muscles and ligaments that joins the head of the humerus to the shoulder joint.’
- ‘On that occasion a cyst that was aggravating nerve joints was drained and the shoulder joint was cleaned up.’
- ‘My doctor injected it with cortisone several times and said the shoulder joint should be replaced.’
- ‘Other areas to strengthen and support are the shoulder joint, upper arm, forearm, and wrist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.