One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is skilled in shooting and takes part in shooting competitions.
- ‘Once again the Weston shottists did very well - 6 of our 10 boys have been awarded provincial colours.’
- ‘He will be joined by two fellow KZN shottists, Steve Berkmeyer and Tim Valentine from Durban and Howick respectively.’
- ‘Alberton has always been the main range for UIT shottists in Southern Gauteng.’
- ‘That said, the man is a phenomenal shottist.’
- ‘This year's shoot attracted a record number of entries and 35 shottists competed for the various trophies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.