Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The playing of aggressive or decisive strokes in tennis, golf, and other games.
- ‘You will eventually run out of room on the approach and lane, so creative shotmaking comes into play.’
- ‘More importantly she is finally getting to a level of fitness that would underpin her brilliant shotmaking.’
- ‘Tiger has tilted the playing field from one based on finesse and shotmaking to one in which power is paramount.’
- ‘By turns he excited the crowd with his shotmaking and then tortured them with his arguments.’
- ‘Even small improvements in your body sequencing can lead to big improvements in your shotmaking.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.