Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for gun microphone
- ‘The song of this female was recorded with a Panasonic Digital Audio Tape Recorder and a Sony shotgun microphone.’
- ‘Our recordings were made with Sony tape recorders and Sennheiser shotgun microphones.’
- ‘Eavesdroppers armed with a shotgun microphone or a small recording device could make off with a computer user's sensitive documents and data, three university researchers said in a paper released this week.’
- ‘As such, sound recordists use shotgun microphones to eliminate any other noise on the set and capture the actors' voices alone, as cleanly as possible.’
- ‘Recordings were made using a Sennheiser shotgun microphone connected to a portable SONY Minidisc Recorder.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.