One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for gunite
- ‘The columns were retrofitted by chipping off their concrete covers, adding jackets of steel rebar around them, and filling the jackets with shotcrete.’
- ‘The shotcrete locks the structure together, like architectural papier mache, giving it the necessary rigidity.’
- ‘Are you going to use the pump for shotcrete or for structural concrete?’
- ‘After several inches of shotcrete are in place, a monolithic dome of steel-reinforced concrete has been created.’
- ‘Cowen also used the mixer to encase straw bales with shotcrete for the equine center and to cast the roof trusses and panels for the building.’
1950s: from shot + concrete.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.