One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See shot put
- ‘First she chooses to marry a shot-putter who is involved in steroid use.’
- ‘The Auckland shot-putter has been hot property on the international circuit this season.’
- ‘Certainly, Dwain Chambers at 100m has timed his season to perfection, and shot-putter Carl Myerscough, back after a two-year drugs ban, looks as powerful as any of his rivals.’
- ‘‘Athletes who are knocked out early have basically a two-week, all-expenses-paid vacation with nothing to do,’ says American shot-putter John Godina, a silver medallist in Atlanta.’
- ‘Someone will use it to build a better sprinter or shot-putter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.