Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fielder positioned between second and third base.‘I hacked a ball to shortstop’
- ‘Writers no longer take note of the assists credited to a shortstop or second baseman.’
- ‘I started as a shortstop and was second in fielding and hitting in the League.’
- ‘You see a lot of guys going from shortstop to second base in the big leagues, but you never really see the opposite.’
- ‘We have five shortstops in the minor leagues who are going to be major league players.’
- ‘The batter hit a lazy fly ball which the shortstop easily reached just behind second base.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.