One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See short list
- ‘This may not pose a problem for her fellow shortlistee, Damien Hirst, who can be seen prancing across the September issues of both Vanity Fair and Esquire.’
- ‘The other thing is, being one of the people who has gone through the anguish and agony of being an unsuccessful shortlistee in the first Creative Scotland Awards, I feel there should be an element of proven need.’
- ‘A week earlier, Reid had been one of the losing shortlistees when Philip Gross's The Water Table won the TS Eliot prize’
- ‘In practice, one of the 10 shortlistees each year hails from the unpopular end of things.’
- ‘Saga magazine's glamorous editrix Emma Soames called the shortlistees on stage, produced an enormous cardboard cheque for £20,000, and handed it to Christopher Robbins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.