One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal of a breed of cattle with short horns.
- ‘The pedigree shorthorns have been prize-winners at the London and Welsh Dairy Shows and can be traced back to the Dowror herd which Mr David's grandfather established in the 1930s.’
- ‘After their initial meeting, Capron visited the Dun ranch, where he was shown the herds of shorthorns and other stock that Dun reckoned were best suited for the enterprise.’
- ‘The cattle judges were from a federal agency that knew all cattle and not just the longhorns and shorthorns.’
- ‘Tommy is a white beef shorthorn, and was only born at the end of August.’
- ‘It is suitable for the tropics with tick and eye cancer resistance from the Zebu with the meat characteristics of the shorthorn, and is hardy, coping with all conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.