One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal of a breed of cattle with short horns.
- ‘The pedigree shorthorns have been prize-winners at the London and Welsh Dairy Shows and can be traced back to the Dowror herd which Mr David's grandfather established in the 1930s.’
- ‘It is suitable for the tropics with tick and eye cancer resistance from the Zebu with the meat characteristics of the shorthorn, and is hardy, coping with all conditions.’
- ‘After their initial meeting, Capron visited the Dun ranch, where he was shown the herds of shorthorns and other stock that Dun reckoned were best suited for the enterprise.’
- ‘Tommy is a white beef shorthorn, and was only born at the end of August.’
- ‘The cattle judges were from a federal agency that knew all cattle and not just the longhorns and shorthorns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.